Read in Latvian

About Us

Membership

Activities

Issues

Exchange Partners

List of Members

Photo gallery

Links

Contact Us

SECTIONS:
Coleoptera
Trichoptera
Non-Insects

ON-LINE DB:
List of Latvian Invertebrates
Catalogue of Latvian Beetles
Protected Invertebrates Distribution DB
Photo Archive

 




ABOUT US: SUMMARY INFORMATION

The Entomological Society of Latvia (LEB) was established in 1951. It is the oldest active non-goverment biological organisation in Latvia and one of the oldest in the Baltic states.

Members. The society includes about 60 members from more than 10 countries at present.
Sections. LEB currently has three subdivisions: the Commission of Trichopterology founded in 1988 (inactive), the Section of Coleopterology (active since 1996) and the Division of Nature Research (DIS) (active since 2000) which consolidate "non-arthropodologists", like hirudinologists, malacologists and other.
Publications. We publish following international scientific journals: Latvijas Entomologs: since 1960; Acta hydroentomologica latvica: 1991-1997 (private, in co-operation with Societas Odonatologica Internationalis); Latvijas entomologijas arhivs: 1995-1997 (private); Acta coleopterolocica latvica: since 1997 (journal of the Section of Coleopterology). Our newsletter is called out LEB Jaunumi and is published since 1999 in Latvian only. One of our issues - "Latvijas entomologs" - is cited by Zoological Records and BioSis.
Partners. Our society has about 40 exchange partners around the World.
Meetings. LEB organize regular meeting, field excursions, workshops, scientific conferences and seminars.
Consultations. We provide consultations and identification help in all aspects of Latvian invertebrates fauna.



BREAKING NEWS:

Latvian Insect of the Year 2016

ON-LINE DATABASES:

Catalogue of Latvian Coleoptera

List of Latvian Invertebrates

Protected Latvian Invertebrates

PICTURES:

LEB Photo Archive

Photo Gallery - Insects



Back to top

Copyright 1998-2016 The Entomological Society of Latvia. 

Current website designed by Dmitry Telnov, Riga.